New DrayTek Vigor2862 Series – Perfect NBN Solution for SMB
- Faster Wi-Fi speed 802.11ac Wave 2 dual-band wireless for speed up to 1.7Gbps (ac/Vac model) compared to 1300 Mbps for the Vigor2860.
- Increased number of IP addresses supported IP Pool Count (up to 1022) for LAN1~3 subnet, compared to 253 for Vigor2860
- Increased number of IP subnets (8 in Vigor2862 compared to 6 in Vigor2860)
- Increased number of VLANS (16 in Vigor2862 compared to 8 in Vigor2860)
- Faster processor in Vigor2862
- Faster throughput in Vigor2862 compared to Vigor2860 (400 Mbps for 2862 compared to 300 Mbps in 2860)
- Faster VPN throughput in Vigor2862
- VDSL2/ADSL2+, Gigabit Ethernet WAN port, Dual USB ports for failover and load-balancing
- Two USB 2.0 ports for connection to two 3.5G/4G LTE USB mobiles, FTP server and network printer
- 4 x Gigabit LAN ports with multiple subnets and 50,000 NAT sessions
- Integrated IEEE 802.11ac (AC2000) wireless Access Point; dual band; up to 1.7Gbps throughput (ac & Vac model)
- IPv6 & IPv4. Increased IP addresses (1022) and IP subnets (8)
- VoIP (2 x FXS and 1 x FXO Line Port) for Vigor2862Vac
- Object-based SPI Firewall and CSM (Content Security Management) for network security
- High Availability mode
- 16 x VLANs for secure and efficient workgroup management
- 32 x VPN tunnels (including 16 x SSL VPN tunnels)
- Fast VPN throughput, VPN load-balancing and backup for site-to-site applications
- Embedded Central VPN Management for 8 remote Vigor routers
- Central AP Management for deployment of multiple wireless VigorAPs
- Works with Smart Monitor Network Traffic Analyzer
- Works with VigorACS 2 Central Management for multi-site deployment
The Vigor2862 supports up to 8 LAN IP subnets, an IP Routed subnet and a DMZ port. The 8 LAN IP subnets can be assigned to 16 VLANS allowing the creation of logical workgroups to provide additional security and traffic management within an organisation. For example, within a building each tenant or workgroup can be assigned their own IP network. In addition, workgroups can also be located in different physical locations or floors within a building. For example, a Sales Department may be located on the 1st floor of a building, but some of the sales people are located on the second floor and still be part of the sales VLAN. The IEEE 802.1q VLAN trunk feature means that only a single LAN cable connection is required between the router and the VigorSwitch, create a number of VLANs for different departments.
The VLAN Tag Priority setting can be used to prioritise traffic for certain VLANS or workgroups.
Multi-site business deployment
Increase remote access security to your office by combining both VPN and Firewall features in the Vigor2862.
The Vigor2862 supports up to 32 simultaneous VPN tunnels (such as IPSec/PPTP/L2TP/SSL protocols) for secure data exchange and communication. In addition, 16 SSL-VPN tunnels are available for teleworkers to access the office LAN. Teleworkers can be authenticated directly with your LDAP server if preferred. The SSL technology is same as the encryption used for secure web sites such as online banking.
Security is enhanced by utilising firewall features such as web content and URL filtering in addition to restricting access to P2P traffic and Instant Messaging applications.
The Vigor2862 series is equipped with ADSL2+/VDSL2 and one Gigabit Ethernet port and two USB WAN ports for WAN load-balancing and backup. This allows backup VPN tunnels to be created to branch office networks to ensure maximum VPN connectivity uptime. In addition, the VPN Trunking feature can be used to set up dual VPN tunnel links to branch office networks to increase bandwidth and provide redundancy and backup to prevent downtime due to one of the WAN connections failing.
AP / Switch / VPN Management
The Central Management features allow the network administrator to monitor and configure Vigor devices including VigorAPs, Vigor Switches, and even Vigor Routers from a central management console built into the Vigor2862 series router. Maintenance tasks such as firmware upgrades, configuration backup and restoration as well as and monitoring be done from a single portal.
Three options are available in Central Management. These are:
- VPN Management
- AP Management
- Switch Management
VPN management supports 8 external CPE devices and allows the creation and management of IPSec, PPTP or SSL-VPN tunnels from the central Vigor2862 router to the remote routers.
The AP Management feature allows the monitoring and auto-configuration of up to 20 DrayTek Access Points connected to the Vigor2862 LAN. Automatic Provisioning can be triggered when a new Access point is connected to the LAN. Other features include client or traffic history of the AP and configuration of load balancing rules for the Access Points.
Switch Management allows you to manage up to 10 Vigor Switches. It simplifies the task of configuring VLANS in attached VigorSwitches matching the router’s VLAN settings. It also displays the switch status as well as the network topology through the switch hierarchy feature.
The optional USB thermometer can be attached to the Vigor2862 to provide logging of the ambient temperature in the server room. Upper and lower temperature thresholds can be set and when the temperature exceeds these thresholds and alarm is generated. This alarm can be sent to the network administrator via email or SMS to alert them of the environmental issue.
802.11ac Wave 2 (ac/Vac model)
802.11ac Wave 2 can simultaneously stream to multiple users to maximize bandwidth utilization
Vigor2862ac routers now operate 802.11ac Wave 2 Wi-Fi with support for MU-MIMO, TX Beam Forming, 1733Mb/s Link Rate and up to 4 spatial streams. This allows up to 4 wireless clients such as laptops or smartphones to have simultaneous access to a Wi-Fi channel. The result is an increased performance of the Wi-Fi network.