If you are looking at setting up a Wireless Hotspot to provide Internet access for your customers then you should consider the Planet WSG-500 Wireless Hotspot Gateway. This unit is a multi-function, all-in-one Wireless Hotspot Gateway designed for wireless public hotspot applications such as coffee shops, restaurants, airports, train stations, campus or hotels.
The WSG-500 is wall-mountable with a dust-proof (IP 50) metal housing. It is 802.3af PoE compliant so that it can be powered through Ethernet cable at best possible locations to provide the optimal Wireless coverage, even if no power points are there.
The WSG-500 utilises 2T2R MIMO technology for the 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz Access Point to provide a reliable wireless service. If required you can enable a web landing page so your customers will be directed to your web site before they start browsing the Internet.
Users can use their mobile devices such as notebook or mobile phone with Wi-Fi capability to get seamless Internet Access for Internet surfing, E-mail connection or link to their company network via VPN.
Some of the many features, that make WSG-500 an ideal integrated solution for rapid deployment of hotspot services, include:
• Two network zones available (Private for user’s not requiring authentication, e.g. staff, and Public for public users requiring authentication or need to pay for services.
• Built-in proprietary AAA mechanism and billing system.
• Security and Firewall.
• Virtual Server & DMZ Capability.
• Supports up to 500 Local Accounts and up to 2000 guest accounts.
• User accounts can be easily created via the web GUI interface for local users.
• An external RADIUS server can also be used for user authentication.
• On-demand accounts can be created which include usage-time and expiry time as well as a time quota and cost of purchased plan.
More details of this product is available at: http://www.planet.com.tw/en/product/product_ov.php?id=33706